Chapter 16 - Help me see the light



The winter was long and Prince Florian was now a child. He thought about everything and there was not a thing, that couldn't be explained by logic. At least that what was he thought. He looked out the windows to observe the snow falling on the ground. Where did it all go?


Castle Keep was covered in thick layers of snow and an odd feeling had surrounded the Kingdom. Everyone was talking about the war - Was it only rumors or had the King really given up on his duties? Was the war near?

Princess Lysa visited her new friend more and more often. She had discovered he was once a merchants child, who by accident was locked up in the room as it was only for statues, that there was no place for in the castle. Here he had starved to death with no company than the sad faces of carved stone. No one had heard him cry, not even the knocks on the door.


"I want to show you something." Pickle announced. He was more than happy for her company, as he could not leave the room that bounded him with the statues of marble. All objects and stone people disappeared for a moment, as Lysa started to feel weightless.


"What is this?" She asked. He lifted from the ground and took her with him. "It's almost like flying. I have been practicing on lifting objects ever since I met you." He smiled with a transparent grin and lift her from the ground.


They swirled in the air for a while, and then Pickle became serious. He called himself that, as he had long forgotten his real name. "Lysa.. I want to join the light." He said. "Can you help me?" She did not want to loose her dear friend, but knew once she was married and moved away, he would be in this room for maybe even more decades.


"I'm sick of being hidden away," Evelyn told her king and lover. Tyrion looked at her softly and replied, "My love. I will not hide you any longer. You will be at my side for all times to come." He said wrapped up in her seduction.

Evelyn had taken the Queens chair for the meeting with the children. The Queen was out visiting her old mother, while King Tyrion sat in his own thoughts and let Evelyn talk. The children stood in a corner, not knowing how to react. "Isn't this nice, children?" She asked and was already getting used to the soft pillows.




Elmegaard had come home after visiting her ill, old mother. There was not much time left. She had asked how her royal marriage went, and she had told her that everything was in perfect order. But that was just a lie to try and please an old lady. Elmegaard had begged the King to visit her chambers, and one night he would come. She held him tight "Do you still love me? Why can't you make her go away?!" She cried and could not hide her feelings for her housebound. He said nothing and just stood there.


"I do not love you any longer. But you are the Queen, and you will do your royal duties." He said with no remorse in his voice. Evelyn had caught him in her magic, and he was so wrapped up in it that he could not think rationally. "I thank you for the heir, and I thank you for taking care of my royal duties. But that is no longer needed, I have decided to go back to my royal assignments." He said and left the queen in tears.


A week after, young princess Lysa had grown to be a teen, and she was wearing her royal green dress and small crown as a symbol of her status. Lysa had spent much time in the haunted room, and had become close friends with little Pickle.


"Wauw! You're all grown up, Lysa." Pickle sad in a happy voice. She enjoyed his company more than anything, so when he said his next sentences she froze. "Lysa.. I need you to take my remains and help me see the light." He looked at her, also in sorrow. He was too fond of her, but years would pass and someday he would still be trapped in this godforsaken room. She sobbed, but knew what was the right thing to do.


He swift his hand, and suddenly an old table came to sight. On it was a box made of old wood. "I've kept it here for so long." He said for himself, Princess Lysa just nodding.


She took the box and promised him, that when the time was right she would bury the remains. "Lysa.. When you take this box, and you will, I will no longer be visible in this room. But I will stay with you, you hear me?" He said in an odd voice that lingered years to come in the haunted room. "I will miss you, Pickle."


Yes, things were about to change at the Old Castle. None could be sure of their position, and soon enough everyone would have to adapt..

1 comment:

  1. Dang, I hope the king gets eaten by a dragon for treating her like that! After she have him an heir he threw her to the dogs! UHG men. Poor princess Lysa will lose her friend but she is doing a good thing by helping him get to the light. 

    ReplyDelete